Check Retail Secrets for the Best Shopping Tips, Promotion Codes, Discounts and Online Coupons
Follow Retail Secrets on Twitter Click Here

Click here for more Retail Secrets Discounts and Coupons!
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Check your spam/junk mail for confirmation to receive the newsletter.

Click here for Retail Secrets' Very Special Wish List

July's Birthstone -Ruby

Friday

Grocery Shopping Update: Aluminum Foil Prices Rise Significantly



Find Today's Daily Deal on Your City's Best Things To Do at Groupon.com!

I was in Shop-Rite this week picking up a few items. I went to go buy my favorite brand of aluminum foil- Reynolds Wrap. Although it can be pricey, I splurge because the 200 Sq Ft roll lasts for so long.

The last time I purchased aluminum foil (about 18 months ago) it was about $5.69. To my horror, a box of Reynolds Wrap 200 Square Foot roll is now $8.99. It's the commodities prices folks. Everything costs more - even foil. I could not bring myself to pay $8.99 for a roll of foil... I just couldn't. I purchased the store brand which is no where near the quality of Reynolds Wrap.

If you decide to take the plunge and by Reynolds Wrap - here is a great tip:

Re-use Foil: I learned this growing up that if the foil is not soiled you can reuse it. You can fold it and put in plastic bag in the fridge for future use. ( I put it in the fridge because if even a little food residue is on it, you do not want to attract critters with it lying out.)

Obviously, if you use foil to wrap a cake with frosting or food with a sauce... you cannot re-use it. A good way to protect your foil is to first use a sheet of wax paper (you can still buy a roll of it for under $1.50 for store brand) to put over the food and then use the foil to secure it. I like to spray a little cooking spray on wax paper before wrapping cake with frosting - it protects the frosting from smudging.

Good Deals:
Spend $149 or more on Norelco, Sonicare, Senseo, andor Avent and get $30 off your order at drugstore.com. Offer ends 06.20.08.

Buy $40 of philosophy products and get a free purity made simple facial cleanser ($20 value) at drugstore.com. While supplies last.

Get $3.50 off any purchase over $10.00
Plus free samples!


$100 off Whirlpool super-capacity laundry pair at BestBuy.com. Valid 6/15-6/21.


$100 off Whirlpool super-capacity laundry pair at BestBuy.com. Valid 6/15-6/21.


No comments: