Check Retail Secrets for the Best Shopping Tips, Promotion Codes, Discounts and Online Coupons
Follow Retail Secrets on Twitter Click Here

Click here for more Retail Secrets Discounts and Coupons!
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Check your spam/junk mail for confirmation to receive the newsletter.

Click here for Retail Secrets' Very Special Wish List

July's Birthstone -Ruby

Thursday

Pay for Auto Repairs in 90 Days - Interest Free



Find Today's Daily Deal on Your City's Best Things To Do at Groupon.com!

I needed to replace the tires on my car back in December. The tires I use for my vehicle are so-called high performance tires. The dealer wanted $212 a tire plus alignment and balancing. It would have run about $1200.

A few years back I had an older car that I would have serviced at a local Firestone. I was approved for the store credit card which offers 90 day interest free payments. I called my local Firestone to compare pricing for the tires my dealer service center offered. The tires were quoted at $5 more. However, knowing they have a price match guarantee program, I asked if they would match my dealer's price of $212 per tire and they agreed to do just that. I also had coupon for a reduced price on the wheel alignment.

In the end, I save myself about $200, plus using the Firestone credit card I was able to pay for my tires in full interest free in 90 days. At the dealer, I would have needed to pay cash or use a regular credit card and then pay it off immediately so not to incur an additional expense.

If your local auto service center offers a similar deal it is the best way to spread your auto repair expense over the course of 90 days.

If you want to take advantage of a price match, get your regular service center to give you a printed service price quote so you can bring it to another place to match it. Before you ask for the match ask your local chain service center to give you its price first and then if it is higher ask them to match the lower price you found.

Dealers charge in exhorbitant amount of money for labor. You can save money going to a reputable chain auto service center, that offers 90 day or more free interest credit cards, coupons and price match.


Shopping Discounts:
Shop Gaiam.com
Save up to 70% off new products in the Gaiam Outlet

Red Hot Sale at macys.com! Savings on thousands of items and great values. Valid 01-Apr-2009 through 05-Apr-2009.

Sterling Silver Heart Tag Bracelet $45.00 (Original Price $130.00) at macys.com! Offer Valid 01-Apr-2009 through 05-Apr-2009.

Spend $50 on Olay Pro-X, get a $25 mail in rebate! Offer ends 5.5.2009.

Take an additional 25% off Hunter Air purifiers! Offer ends 5.25.2009.


No comments: