Check Retail Secrets for the Best Shopping Tips, Promotion Codes, Discounts and Online Coupons
Follow Retail Secrets on Twitter Click Here

Click here for more Retail Secrets Discounts and Coupons!
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Check your spam/junk mail for confirmation to receive the newsletter.

Click here for Retail Secrets' Very Special Wish List

July's Birthstone -Ruby

Sunday

Keeping a Longer Manicure – My Tried and True Secret!



Find Today's Daily Deal on Your City's Best Things To Do at Groupon.com!

Retailsecrets.blogspot.com is sharing a great tip for a long-lasting manicure!

For about seven years, I have been doing my nails every Sunday evening. I typically can have the same manicure for six straight days with out chipping. Yes - without chipping. Here are my secrets:

Base Coat Secret:
For the base coat, there is only one to use. Orly’s Bonder base coat. The Orly Bonder is what keeps my polish in place for six or more days. I have tried other base coats, but nothing works like Orly’s Bonder. It has a rubberizing ingredient that keeps your polish in place all week. It costs between $4-$5 –, but it is worth the price. I usually apply one base coat and a then second. Let dry for two minutes.

Nail Color:
I only use one type of nail polish O-P-I. O-P-I by far is the best nail polish on the market! It offers a smooth finish and the polish doesn’t get lumpy. It also is one of my secrets for a long-lasting manicure. Every season, O-P-I offers a mini-polish collection. You typically receive three colors plus a base or top coat. This product is always mentioned in magazine articles as a top choice for nail color. The cost of a bottle of O-P-I is between $7-$8, depending on the retailer. It is long-lasting too. This week I used a bottle that I purchased in early 2005 and it is still smooth and bright. The minis have a shorter shelf-life, but because they are small you will probably use them up quickly. After applying the nail color, wait five minutes before applying your top coat.

Top Coat:
Because the Orly Bonder works so well, I can switch between a few top coats. I like O-P-I’s top coat – it works well with all the above products. Sally Hansen’s Diamond Tuff top coat is very good as well. If you choose a top coat from Sally Hansen, Orly or O-P-I, you will be in good shape. They are all quality. So try one or two that you like.

Quick Dry Nail Products:
Here is where it gets tricky. I have found that some quick dry products can cause bubbles on your nail finish. One of the O-P-I mini collections I purchased include its Drip Dey drops. Every time I used it – bubbles formed on some of my nails. This does not look nice and it can cause you to re-do some of your nails. I also noticed that O-P-I’s quick drying top coat works well with lighter colors, but not so well with the darker nail shades. My top pick for quick drying products is Sally Hansen’s Shea Butter Quick Drying spray. It is an oil spray that moistures your hands as it dries your nail color. This stuff dries like magic. It makes your nails slick so that if you bump your nails they won’t smudge. It is absorbed into your hands in a few minutes. Your cuticles will be soft and your nails dry!

Try these tips and let me know how they work for you.


No comments: